Dyslexia Screening Test
The Dyslexia Screening Test produces a three-page report, indicating if your child is at risk of dyslexia. The report consists of 12 short tests within an hour assessment. Please note this is not a diagnosis for dyslexia. If you need a recognised diagnostic report, we can also provide this service; please see below. The Dyslexia Screening Test is the first step in understanding if your child is at risk of dyslexia.
• The Pearson Dyslexia Screening Test is internationally
• We offer 3 tests, for either primary or secondary aged
children or adults
• Suitable for children aged 6 years 6 months upwards
• It provides a snapshot of performance on the day
• 12 tests are administered by our dyslexia specialist
• Strengths and weaknesses are identified
• An overall At-Risk Index for dyslexia is given
• A short report is produced and the results explained in detail
• The time for the whole appointment is 1 hour 30 minutes
• The cost is £75
Diagnostic Assessment & Report for Dyslexia
The Diagnostic Assessment provides you with a full diagnostic report by our Patoss (click for more info on Patoss) qualified assessor, which fully details all needs in a 20-30 page report. This report is essential if you wish to apply for a Disabled Student’s Allowance.
For more information or if you wish to book any of the following assessments please call Carol on 01277 726014 or email email@example.com.
• Consists of 20 – 30 tests
• Suitable for children aged 8 upwards and adults
• Assesses underlying cognitive ability
• Assesses the underlying processing skills which diagnose
dyslexia: knowledge of sounds, short-term memory and
working memory, phonological processing speed.
• Assesses current attainment levels in all aspects of literacy
• Identifies strengths and weaknesses in detail
• 3 – 4 hour assessment
• 20 – 30 page report
• Comprehensive feedback is provided
• Recommendations for current support at school/uni and at
home, plus support for the future, is explained in detail
• Recommendations for future support are included
• Provides a diagnosis, recognised by school Senco’s
• Very useful for children moving to secondary education
• Provides evidence for exam access arrangements
• Essential for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA’s)
• The report is valid for the person’s lifetime
• The total cost of the assessment and full report is £550
• A £50 deposit is required
To find out more about the procedure for a diagnostic assessment, click the button below:
What is the difference between a Dyslexia Screening Test and a Diagnostic Assessment?
|Dyslexia Screening Test||Diagnostic Assessment|
|Number of tests included?||12||25-30|
|Is background information included?||No|
(only performance on the day)
(full background included)
|Total length of assessment?||40 minutes||3 – 4 hours|
|What ages are suitable?||6 years 6 months - adult||8 years - adult|
|Length of report?||3 - 4 pages||20 – 30 pages|
|Results of assessment?||Given At Risk quotient for dyslexia||Dyslexia is/is not diagnosed|
|Purpose of assessment?||See if dyslexia is likely||Obtain diagnosis for school, college, university, workplace|
|Are strengths and weaknesses identified?||Yes||Yes, detailed table of results is fully explained|
|Are recommendations for support given?||No||Yes, 3-4 pages of advice is given for current support and potential future need|
|What is the cost?||£75||£550|
My child has dyslexia, how can Cellfield help?
The Cellfield reading treatment programme is specifically designed by neuroscientists to improve reading and comprehension skills in just 10 days.
Find out more below: